About a year before we left the States I started on a quilt for my Dad. Nothing fancy, kind of a country scrappy sort of thing (just the way i like it) made out of the family's worn out blue jeans. When we hit the road with a full schedule of travel and preparations for leaving, I was unable to make the time to finish it. The top was done but the rest of it still needed to be put together. Then by the grace of God, through my Dad's church, I met a wonderful group of ladies. They are known as the New Community Church of Union Quilters. I hesitated to share with them my need to get the quilt finished, but I figured 'what could it hurt?' I let them know of my predicament and they rushed to the rescue! What a blessing these industrious ladies are! My intention from the beginning was to intercede in prayer for my Dad as this quilt was being tied and my hope was that it would be a comfort to him so that he would constantly be reminded that he is loved no matter how many miles are between us.
Following are the pictures that were sent to me from last Sunday as the quilt was presented to my Dad.
To all of the quilters who came to the rescue, and with the love of Christ finished this quilt and interceded before the throne of God for my Dad, to Pastor Terry Oliver, and to all of you at NCCU - I thank you. Thank you, thank you, I thank God for you.



God bless all of you for your selflessness and generosity!
John's loving daughter,
Tania
> > >
you should make me one just like it. those are my favorite kind of blankets. hook a brotha up. maybe one out of a copra bag for those long cold nights on the ship. :)
ReplyDeleteTania, what an incredible story of love...brought tears to my eyes:)It was neat to see your Dad with the quilt---looks like it really touched him as well.....
ReplyDelete