Can you believe, the school year starts with camp! I don't know about you, but that was not the way it worked for us. Bright and early this morning we took Grace and Josh to the school grounds just down the road. There was a short Monday morning assembly and then they piled their stuff on a bus and were off. They will be gone two nights at a place called Camp Rumbug - canoeing, swimming, and abseiling (Aussie for 'repelling'). What a great way to start the year and make new friends!
As for Jim and I... we have been slammed with classes and homework. As a matter of fact, I have a case study I need to get to work on, audio files and data books that need to be submitted, and a language research project I need to think about. Not to mention dishes and laundry (Grace and Josh are such great helpers, what am I going to do without them?) Just wanted to give you a quick update.
Thanks for your much needed prayers! =) I will try to post some pictures next time.
ONE MORE THING BEFORE I SIGN OFF...
The Anthropology staff has arranged for us to make a trip to observe the prayers at a local Mosque this Wednesday afternoon. As part of the this course we have been observing the culture of other religions. Last time it was a trip to a Coptic Orthodox Church - very interesting and we learned a ton.
We would especially appreciate prayers for this trip. Please pray - above all for a good testimony, also that we would be received well, and that this would be a productive learning experience.
Thanks, we will try to get a chance to tell you how it goes.
> > >
What a neat idea for starting the school year. So enjoy reading your blogs, all three of you (Lur, Richards and yours)have each a unique way of writing that fills in the cracks so to speak of what you are facing and prayer concerns. God bless, love and prayers.
ReplyDeletelynn